“I thank my God every time I remember you” (Philippians 1:3).
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
I pray and trust you are doing well and staying healthy.
When I began writing these daily devotionals I had no idea that I would be doing so for months!
The reason why I began writing these devotionals is because we made the decision early March that we would be going to online worship until there was a vaccine for Covid. In conjunction with this decision, the session and the pastoral staff made a commitment to equip the saints to not only endure this season but to thrive because we are convinced that’s what God expects of the saints. There is never a season when God doesn’t desire for his church and saints to thrive.
We believe there are three components to disciples thriving:
- Commitment to worship
- Commitment to community and service
- Commitment to daily encounter with God’s word
The staff have worked hard on your behalf to make these things possible.
- We have gone to online worship and worked to make our online worship as excellent as possible
- We have moved all our members and regulars to neighborhood groups where we can serve one another
- We have been emailing daily devotionals to encourage and equip the saints for growth and maturity
Little Church and Lakewoodgrace, I thank God for you. You have made some very difficult shifts during this season.
- Even though we have not met in person as a congregation since the first week of March, your engagement in worship has not declined. In fact, the numbers of people who are worshiping with us online is much greater than the average attendance prior to covid
- The children’s ministry team has continued to engage our children and families with crafts and weekly video messages
- You have been faithful to support the ministry through your finances and tithes
- The ministry impact and reach of the Little Church and Lakewoodgrace has increased during this season!
- You have made the shift to neighborhood groups where you’ve taken on the primary responsibility to stay in touch and serve one another
- You have been faithful to read and engage with these daily devotionals
It’s been quite a year, but it’s a year which I thank God for his faithfulness to the Little Church and Lakewoodgrace. God has been faithful through your faithful support and engagement. I thank God for you and in all my prayers for you, I always pray with joy.
Thank you Little Church and Lakewoodgrace!
I will be taking a break until January 4th from the daily devotionals for Christmas and New Year.
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year Little Church and Lakewoodgrace!