We’ve all seen it.
- Posts that denounce Israel for what’s going on in Gaza.
- Posts that support Israel for their right to protect their people.
- Posts that denounce the Palestinians as terrorists.
- Posts that support Palestinians as they fall victims to US military support of Israel.
Here’s the thing. I don’t think we’re going to change anyone’s mind by posting on FB or Twitter. If I wanted to find out more about the incredibly complicated issues of the Middle East, the last place I would turn to is FB or Twitter.
I am no expert on the complicated issues of Israel/Palestine.
But here are some things I do know.
- Is Israel innocent in it’s dealings with the Palestinians? No.
- Are the Palestinians innocent in it’s dealings with Israel? No.
- Is Israel victim to terrorist attacks? Yes.
- Are the Palestinians victim to terrorism? Yes.
- Both parties are victims. Both parties are guilty.
The issue for me isn’t who’s right or wrong. I don’t think we’ll ever know.
The issue is not who started this war. I don’t think we’ll ever know.
All I know is that unless someone stops shooting, more people will die.
So please. Stop the killing…