“The LORD is my shepherd…” (Psalm 23:1).
If you’re a sheep, shepherd matters.
The well-being, health, and what kind of a life a sheep lives depends all on the shepherd.
- If the shepherd is lazy, it’s the sheep who suffer.
- If the shepherd is mean, brutal, and violent, it is the sheep who suffer.
- If the shepherd in incompetent, it’s the sheep who suffer.
- If the shepherd is good, wise, competent, kind, loving, it is the sheep who benefit.
The LORD is my shepherd.
Sheep are one of the most hapless and helpless creatures in the animal kingdom.
- Sheep do not have a keen sense of smell, hearing, or eyesight.
- Sheep have no fangs, no claws, no horns.
- Sheep are not fast nor very agile.
- Sheep are not very smart.
- Sheep are one of the most defenseless creatures in the animal kingdom.
Sheep are completely dependent upon their shepherd for their protection, provisions, and well-being.
Christian. Who is your shepherd?
The LORD is my shepherd! The LORD is good. The LORD is kind. The LORD is powerful. The LORD is God.
The LORD is my shepherd!
Whatever you are facing today, you are not alone. For you are the LORD’s sheep, and he is your shepherd.