Strange…it’s been a strange year.
The third heart procedure was a tremendous success. I feel better than I have in years. I had forgotten what it felt to feel good again. It’s amazing to wake up rested. I love that my head is clear and I am able to concentrate.
Because I had three heart procedures this year, and since each of them required a hospital stay and at least a week of rest at home, I have missed about 4 to 6 weeks of work. And it wasn’t as if I had 4 to 6 consecutive weeks. It’s been a sputtering of surgery, hospital stay, recovery, and get back to work for a couple of weeks and then another surgery, hospital stay, recovery. And we did that three times this year! So it’s felt like a constant getting back to work and trying to get caught up with stuff I’ve missed.
And now that the third procedure was a success, and now that I am feeling better than I have in years, and now that I am fully back at work….I am preparing to leave for my Sabbatical!
It’s been a strange, funky year.
Having said all that, I am so thankful!
- I am alive! And I am feeling better than I have in years! I love waking up and not feeling tired. I had forgotten what that was like. I have so much more energy
- Even with all the time I have missed work, the church and the ministry hasn’t missed a beat! The ministry at the Little Church and Lakewood Grace is going strong. We are reaching more people, serving more people, impacting more people than before. It’s never been about James and this year is the clearest example of that
- I am surrounded by a phenomenal staff and church people. We would not be where we are today if it weren’t for the amazing staff and leaders at the Little Church and Lakewood Grace.
- I get to go on a Sabbatical! How awesome is that? I have been given space, time, and the resources to rest, recreate, read, and reflect. I am so blessed!
- My amazing family! I am blessed with a loving wife, awesome kids.
What more can a guy ask for?!?! I am so blessed.
What a strange, awesome year 2018 has been thus far.