“Let your light so shine before others that when they see your good works they will glorify the Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).
How are we to shine the light of Christ to others?
By our good works, Jesus tells us.
Here are five practical ways we can do that. Credit for this list goes to Life Church.
- Give – give without expecting anything in return
“It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life” (Revelation 21:6).
- Forgive – forgive without punishing
“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you” (Colossians 3:13).
- Be Patient – be patient with others as the Lord has been patient with you
“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love” (Ephesians 4:2).
- Listen – listen without interrupting
“Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry” (James 1:19).
- Be Kind – Let your kindness and gentleness be evident
“Let your gentleness be evident to all” (Philippians 4:5).