Much has changed.
You could not get on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any of the social networks without reading and seeing comments about the decision of the Supreme Court of the United States.
Much has, indeed, changed.
For a few moments, I would like to focus on things that haven’t changed.
Who needs Jesus?
- straight sinners, gay sinners
- young sinners, old sinners
- white sinners, black sinners, brown sinners, red sinners, yellow sinners
- republican sinners, democratic sinners, independent sinners, communist sinners
- rich sinners, middle-class sinners, poor sinners
Who needs Jesus? Every single person who’s ever lived on planet earth needs what God offers in his Son, Jesus Christ.
This was true last week. This is true today. This will be true till Christ returns.
God’s love hasn’t changed. God’s truth hasn’t changed. God’s word hasn’t changed. God’s welcome hasn’t changed.
Given this reality, I and The Little Church on the Prairie will continue to pursue Christ’s mission for the church to love and proclaim to all sinners that we are welcome and that there is salvation in no one else but Jesus Christ.
One thought on “SCOTUS, Jesus, and Us”