Thank you for saving my life!
Thank you for practicing social responsibility.
- Thank you, even though you may not be endangered by Covid-19, for taking every precaution to avoid getting the virus
- Thank you for washing your hands
- Thank you for practicing social distance
- Thank you for avoiding going out when not absolutely necessary
- Thank you for staying home when you feel sick
While Covid-19 is not very lethal to most of the population in the US, it is lethal and dangerous to the older population and those who have pre-existing medical conditions.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identifies those as:
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
So even if a healthy younger person doesn’t experience serious complications from Covid-19 they can be carriers of the virus to people like me.
You see, while I am not over 65 years of age, I do have chronic heart disease (4 bypasses, and 16 stents, dozens of heart surgeries) and I am diabetic. For someone like me, Covid-19 can be quite lethal.
So, thank you for saving my life.
Your socially responsible acts to curb your freedom to slow down the spread of Covid-19 may very well save my life.