“I myself feel confident about you, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, and able to instruct one another” (Romans 15:14).
The Apostle Paul is bringing his letter to the Romans to a close in chapters 15 and 16. And after having reminded the Romans of all that God has done for us through Jesus Christ – that there is no condemnation, that nothing can separate us from the love of God, that all things will work together for those who love Jesus, because everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved – the Apostle feels confident about the Roman Christians. Not because of their inherent abilities or goodness, but because of God’s amazing power and goodness. And it is God’s power that has now filled the Roman Christians with all knowledge.
So, I too, am confident about you Little Church and Lakewoodgrace. I am confident that God will use you to be a blessing for God’s goodness in our world. I am confident that you have the ability to thrive, not just survive, during this season. I am confident that God chose you and me to be alive for just such a time as this because God is more than able to use the likes of you and me to bless our world, right now!
One of the things that can happen during this season is paralysis. Unless we are careful, we can become convinced that there is nothing we can do during this time because we can’t see people and gather for worship.
That’s a lie. That’s simply not true. There is so much we can do to make a difference in the lives of people.
Just the other day, I noticed that my wife had baked a batch of cookies. You see, there are people who enjoy that kind of thing. And then, I realized there are people who really enjoy eating cookies! What a match made in heaven!!!
You see, normally when my wife bakes, it’s to give away. She enjoys baking and cooking. And she enjoys when others enjoy her food.
If that’s you, hello!!! I love cookies!!!
There are many others who would love a batch a cookies, goodies, pecan pies!
Whatever it is you are good at, think on how you can use that to bless others.
- I have also heard from you who are sharing these daily devotionals with others, and others of you who have been sharing our link to Sunday worship. That’s fantastic! After sharing those links, have a conversation about what God revealed to you.
- There is nothing in the world that can stop the prayers of God’s people. No one can stop us from praying. Be intentional about prayer. Join with me and others on Wednesday evenings to pray for our country, city, and our church.
- If you’re a talker, pick up the phone and call someone.
- If you’re a writer, pick up the pen and write a note, send a card, a letter.
- If you’re a baker, I’m your man!
There is so much we can do. Don’t fall for the lie that there is nothing we can do.
I believe in you Little Church and Lakewoodgrace, because I have a great faith in the God who has saved us!