“Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7)
“Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
Pay careful attention to those words: “anything” and “everything.”
Anything – do not worry about ANYTHING.
- But what about all the smoke in the air the fires? – Nope
- What about the covid-19 global pandemic? – Nope
- What about my kids? – Nope
- What about the elections? – Nope
- What about the racial unrest? – Nope
- What about the Mariners? – hmmm…..Nope
Why? Because we can lift up EVERYTHING to God in prayer.
- The smoke in the air and the fires? – Yup
- Covid-19 global pandemic? – Yup
- Kids? – Yup
- The upcoming elections? – Yup
- The racial unrest? – Yup
- The Mariners? – Yeah. Even the Mariners
When we cease worrying about ANYTHING because we lift up EVERYTHING to God in supplication and thanksgiving as a prayer, God promises to give us his peace that surpasses all understanding.
Makes all the difference in the world.