“For nothing will be impossible with God” (Luke 1:37).
“For nothing is impossible with God.”
These were the words the angel Gabriel spoke to Mary when he announced that Mary would be the mother of the Savior of the world.
Only one problem: Mary was a virgin.
You have trouble believing in the virgin birth? You’re not the only one, and neither are you the first. The first doubter of the virgin birth was Mary herself.
Mary asks the angel, “How can this be since I am a virgin?” (Luke 1:34).
If anyone knew Mary was a virgin, it was Mary. She knew she had never been with a man.
Gabriel tells Mary, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; he will be called Son of God…For nothing is impossible with God” (Luke 1:35, 37).
For nothing is impossible with God. This is the key. This is the turning point for Mary. Once Mary concedes that nothing is impossible with God, everything is possible with God!
- A universe comes into being through a word.
- A barren woman can bear a child.
- A virgin can conceive.
- The Lord can enter into human history as a babe.
- From a tomb can come the resurrection
Nothing is impossible with God.
And this is the good news of Christmas.
Do you find yourself in an impossible situation? You’re in the right place because nothing is impossible with God.
- Your marriage is on the rocks? Nothing is impossible with God.
- Your children have strayed from the Lord? Nothing is impossible with God.
- Addictions have enslaved you and no matter what you try, you can’t seem to find a way out? Good news! Nothing is impossible with God.
- Tragedy and turmoil has rocked your world? Nothing is impossible with God!
- Covid-19, social distancing, not seeing your friends and loved ones got you down? Nothing is impossible with God.
Christmas – the Christ coming – is the good news to the poor, the release of the captives, and the proclamation of the year of the Lord’s favor! Everything changes because of Jesus, because nothing is impossible with God.