“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7).
A peace that transcends all understanding.
I like the sound of that. I want that. I want that – a peace that transcends all understanding – to be my reality.
It’s a good thing that the Apostle Paul tells us the three steps to living in God’s peace:
- “Do not be anxious about anything.”
- Chill out. Take a few deep breaths. God’s got this. Don’t worry.
- When we bring our worries to God, God’s got out back.
- “But in every situation…pray.”
- Burdens aren’t our’s to carry. Bring and lay your burdens, concerns, worries, joys, praises to God.
- God loves to hear and answer our prayers.
- “But in every situation…with thanksgiving…”
- Since God loves to hear and answer our prayers, you can know with certainty that God is at work in and through us.
- Since God is at work, give thanks.
- Give thanks in all circumstances because God is at work to bring to completion the work he has started in you.
This is God’s plan.
As with all plans, plans work when we work the plan.
So get to work. Put God’s peace plan to work in your life today. In fact, put it to work everyday!